logo
Food Advertising by

2017 SeaWheeze Training Plan

The hardest part about registering for my first half marathon is finding the time to train for it. Working full time, being a single mom, rocking a major blog series, and having a full volunteering and social schedule means there’s not a lot of extra time. I knew that I wanted to keep my run days

I knew that I wanted to keep my run days to a minimum with two lunch runs, plus a weekend long run and cross training when possible. I was happy when the SeaWheeze training plan arrived and saw that there are no more than 4 runs scheduled so I’ve adapted my training schedule around this plan. Being in the middle of the Where to Workout in Red Deer series, my workouts with that will be used as cross-training, and any downtime will be for fitting in my yoga practice or home-workouts.

I’m lucky to have so many friends running SeaWheeze this year who will no doubt help keep me motivated and on track. It’s going to be a journey for this girl who has never run more than 12km but man I’m looking forward to crossing the finish line of my first half.

Who else is running SeaWheeze this year?
What does your training look like?

• May 8, 2017 - 9:44 am | Permalink

I’m SO EXCITED for you to run your first halfie. Wait, this is the first one, right? I can’t keep track of everyone’s sporting events! 😀

This plan looks totally doable – enjoy!!! xo

• May 8, 2017 - 8:19 pm | Permalink

Hahaha, yeah it’s the first. Says so right in the first sentence :p

• May 8, 2017 - 11:31 am | Permalink

I thought it was great they gave a training plan! It looked like a good one too. I finally just finished my plan last night so now the countdown is on!

• May 8, 2017 - 8:19 pm | Permalink

I know, I’m so happy they provided a plan and that I didn’t have to change too much of it to fit in with my schedule. Hopefully it will help me to not die.

• Alison
    May 8, 2017 - 12:56 pm | Permalink

So excited for you!! Such a pretty plan! You will have so much fun at the race!

• May 8, 2017 - 3:26 pm | Permalink

I followed the SW14 training plan and LOVED it. It’s honestly such an awesome plan and really eases you into the distance and gives you all the training you need.
    I’m super pumped for you.

• May 10, 2017 - 8:55 am | Permalink

I’m super excited for you!! With the amount of cross training you’re doing it’s such a good idea to not overwhelm yourself with 5+ runs a week. I can’t wait to follow along – and mayyyybe drive down and join you for a weekend long run or two?! 🙂

• May 10, 2017 - 5:43 pm | Permalink

Yes do it!! That would be awesome. And we could go for an epic brunch afterwards!!

• Brie @ A Slice of Brie
    May 14, 2017 - 5:56 pm | Permalink

Well, this doesn’t look to bad 😉 4 runs still seems like a lot (haha!), but much better than 5 or 6!

• May 14, 2017 - 7:26 pm | Permalink

Yup, four runs is too many for my schedule which is why I cut the ‘recovery run’ day. Week one down and it’s been super manageable.