logo
Food Advertising by

What I’m Loving

Hi friends! How’s the week been treating you? Mine’s gone by so fast already and I’m a day behind. I totally thought Wednesday was only Tuesday, which explains why this post didn’t go up on time. Oops. Here’s some things I’ve been loving lately.

• The Lumineers. I went to their concert last Friday where I ended up falling even more in love with them. I wasn’t sure how they would sound in a stadium of 15,000 people but they were amazing. I can’t ever explain the feeling I get watching live music, especially big stadium shows. The energy in a place so big, filled with people with a common love for the particular artist they’re there to see, cheering loudly and singing along to their favourite songs, I mean, there’s just nothing quite like it. Allison’s blog post from a recent Arkelle’s show conveys much of what I feel at almost every concert I go to. I loved that Lumineers singer Wesley Shultz (who is a total dreamboat, btw) got personal with the crowd, shared some personal experiences and meanings behind some of the songs. I’ve been listening to their album on repeat for the last week and am often brought to tears knowing what particular songs are about and all of the emotions they now invoke.
  • Big Little Lies. I read the book last month and now I’m working my way through the TV series. I love it! I only have two more episodes left and am trying to savour them. I’m all caught up on Riverdale and Scandal. You guys, Scandal is off the hook this season! Are you watching? Are you as heartbroken as I am over episode 6?!
  • I’m currently reading A Man Called Ove and it is such a good book. I’m only about halfway through and already am recommending you run out and grab it from your library right now. I’ve already cried once and I’m not usually a crier when I read. PS. Still loving my library card.
  • Can someone please send me to Uganda so I can play with the gorilla’s?
  • I registered for Pound training in June. I have been loving these workouts so much and registered on a whim yesterday. I seriously can’t wait. I’m already in talks with another local Pound instructor to host a Pound and Pour workout and beer event this summer. Who’s coming? On a semi-related topic, I still can’t decided what fitness certification to go after, group fitness or personal training. Personal training courses are held in Red Deer, but not group fitness. But I think group fitness would be beneficial especially with my Pound certification. Gah! I’m bad at decisions, what do you guys think?
  • I’m loving WestJet’s Most Canadian Sale, which ends on Thursday. I managed to snag a decent flight to Vancouver for SeaWheeze in August.
  • This Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Venom. I think this was a Sephora reward and it’s my new favourite colour right now. Also loving the Dark Angels cleanser from Lush. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth.

I want to hear from you! What are you loving lately?

• April 6, 2017 - 8:46 am | Permalink

I’m happy you had that experience at the concert. Despite being surrounded by 15000 of your closest friends it can still feel intimate.
    Now that I’m home, I’m just loving sleep. Looking forward to doing nothing all weekend and catching up on everything. The further I got into Big Little Lies the more bored I got; nothing really happened in most of the episodes. The acting was great, the storyline, for me, was meh.

• April 6, 2017 - 7:40 pm | Permalink

Sleep is definitely a good thing to love!

I guess what keeps me watching is the anticipation for the ending.

• April 6, 2017 - 9:45 am | Permalink

I started watching Big Little Lies, but only got a couple episodes in. Need to catch up on it!

• April 6, 2017 - 7:39 pm | Permalink

Did you read the book? I can’t wait for the last episode because I know it’s going to be off the hook based off the ending of the book.

• April 6, 2017 - 9:46 am | Permalink

So exciting about Pound – keep me posted! I know one of the instructors at Studio Pilates 🙂

• Taren
    April 6, 2017 - 12:55 pm | Permalink

Good for you!! I want to try pound so bad, let me know when your classes are for sure!!

• April 6, 2017 - 7:38 pm | Permalink

It’s so fun! You know I’ll be posting my classes whenever I figure out where to hold them, I’d love to have you in a class!

• Alison
    April 11, 2017 - 11:03 am | Permalink

You would be awesome teaching Pound!! That’s so exciting!!!

• April 11, 2017 - 7:25 pm | Permalink

Thanks girl. I’ll have to get you to a class when I’m up and running!

• Nicole
    April 11, 2017 - 12:31 pm | Permalink

I just started watching Scandal!! I know, I’m a few years behind but so far I really enjoy it!! I plan to catch up when I spend hours nursing on the couch.

That lip colour looks gorgeous!!

• April 11, 2017 - 7:25 pm | Permalink

Scandal is SO good. The last couple seasons haven’t been the best, but this current one is OFF THE HOOK! So don’t give up halfway through lol

• April 13, 2017 - 8:37 am | Permalink

I am living unsweetened passionfruit tea lemonade from Starbucks, having wes say Thank You without me prompting him, my new R+F business and THAT I HAVE THE WHOLE WEEKEND OFF THIS WEEKEND!!

• April 13, 2017 - 6:53 pm | Permalink

YES! I love unsweetened passion tea lemonades too. Although, I generally need a giant dose of caffeine. Yay for a weekend off!!

• April 19, 2017 - 11:20 am | Permalink

This post makes me feel like we haven’t talked in ages 🙁 So excited for you and teaching Pound?!?! That’s awesome! This also makes me wish we lived in the same city 🙁 But I will definitely come up to take your class!
    I love how much you are reading these days…I got through half a book in Florida, oy. And I’m so behind on my TV shows. Which makes me wonder, what the heck am I doing with my time??! LOL. We both know I’m not going to bed any earlier 😉

• April 19, 2017 - 5:08 pm | Permalink

Hahaha what ARE you doing with your time?! Snuggling a baby and wrestling a toddler maybe?

I’ll be forcing you all to come take my classes for sure. :p